Re: [web-annotation] Allow full SVG in SvgSelector?

+1 for this. I agree that it will be hard to enforce, which makes me
think
its within the boundaries of best practice rather than something the
data
model can outright forbid.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 4:26 AM, Stian Soiland-Reyes <
notifications@github.com> wrote:

>  I think it becomes a difficult thing to enforce or check. What
might at
> first glance in the SVG look like non-contiguous, could be shown to
be
> contiguous in rendering - for instance a trianglethat is close to a
circle
> - you will need to do precise calculations to see if it is a
contiguous
> shape or not - but why should it matter?
>
> Perhaps the best is to simply keep it as "Multiple non-contiguous
shapes
> SHOULD be separate targets, this ensures that each target region
gets an
> identity".
>

> On 8 April 2015 at 15:56, Rob Sanderson <notifications@github.com>
wrote:

> > The discussion during the CG was that multiple non-contiguous
shapes
> > should be separate targets in the model, to avoid multiple ways of
> > expressing the same thing (multiple targets) and to ensure that
each
> target
> > region had the opportunity for identity (via the
SpecificResource).

<https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/17#issuecomment-90941000>.

<https://github.com/w3c/web-annotation/issues/17#issuecomment-91172663>.

--