Welcome and practicalities for our first Annotation WG telco

From: Ivan Herman <ivan@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 09:25:54 +0200
To: W3C Public Annotation List <public-annotation@w3.org>

Dear all,

welcome to our first call. Here are some practical information that should help you at the beginning; some of these are also available on the group's wiki page.

To join this telecon, use the following logistics:

The W3C "Zakim" phone bridge number is +1.617.761.6200. the code conference is 2666 ("ANNO"), followed by the # key.

SIP access to Zakim is available via a gateway; see instructions [1] and user-contributed tips [2].

We will also use an IRC channel to minute the discussions:
Address:  irc.w3.org
Available ports (choose one): 6667, 6665, 21
IRC channel: #annotation

See how to connect [3] using an IRC client [4] or our web interface [5]

User Instructions for Zakim [6]
     To mute your line press 61#. Unmute is 60#.
     To place yourself on the speaker queue ('q+' in irc)
     press 41# (Hand up). Unqueue ('q-' in irc) is 40#.
     You may signal for W3C admin assistance with *0
     (only during W3C/MIT office hours).

Scribing instructions are at [7]; the main section is step 2 and 3 (the rest will be done, at least at the beginning, by yours truly or by Doug)

Some useful resources that you want to keep under your pillow

Looking forward to meet you on our first telecon!

Ivan Herman
Staff contact

[1] http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP
[2] http://www.w3.org/2006/tools/wiki/Zakim-SIP-tips