Re: Maximally Abstract Data Model

Hi Ray,

Going back to my juxtaposition example, the annotation needs the composite
resource because it most faithfully communicates what the body is
annotating -- the aggregation of the two resources. We still need to
communicate what that composite is composed of so that the end user tool
has enough information to actually fetch and render the target resources in
the intended juxtaposition.

Now there may be other ways of doing this, such as punting the aggregation
part to some other model (like a collection model or whatnot). I'm not sure
if that's on the table for discussion. I've certainly thought that much of
the segmentation work in the model could be spun out because I have the
same needs for arbitrary selectors in non-annotation contexts.

Regards,