Re: [agenda} Web Annotation WG teleconf Agenda (2014-11-12)

thanks, see comments inline

regards, Frederick

Frederick Hirsch, Nokia
Co-Chair W3C Web Annotation WG
@fjhirsch

On Nov 11, 2014, at 4:31 PM, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> Hey, folks–
>
> On 11/10/14 12:01 PM, Frederick Hirsch wrote:
>>
>> 3 Web Annotation Data Model
>>
>> Review updated ED draft
>> http://w3c.github.io/web-annotation/model_fpwd/
>
> We should also decide on a github repo, and reflecting this on the new unofficial editor's drafts repo [1].

yes

>> Approve shortname 'web-annotation’ (or alternative)
>
> I suggest that we come up with a more discrete shortname for each of our deliverables, since they all pertain to web annotation.
>
> Since this is specifically about the data model, maybe 'web-anno-data-model', 'web-anno-model', or 'web-anno-vocab’

agree, wa-model probably too close to ws*,  suggest webanno-model

>> share CfC to publish as FPWD
>
> Yes, I'd like to see this moved forward quickly.s

Rough plan:

(1) Agree on content tomorrow, with some changes expected

(2) Editors update draft, set up git etc

(3) 2 week CfC start 20 Nov end 4 Dec, draft available as part of CfC

(4) Editors prepare publication draft (fix minor typos etc, but no major changes), pubrules, link check, validation, status, short name etc

(5) director approval including short name

(6) chairs help with announcement text, classification etc

(7) Publish Tue 16 Dec

note that moratorium is after 19 dec so we either publish 16 or 18 Dec, prefer 16 in case there is an issue

> I'd also like to see if we can get agreement on using annotator as a feedback mechanism.

is it ready to use within W3C?