Re: Font-family types and when to use each type

Precisely, those (google) fonts Kufi and Naskh are on the rise now, and
it is not about discouraging people from using them. On the contrary, I
find that Arabic Naskh is a good compromise for readability and size,
and it is perfect for mixed texts.

It's just a matter of good practice as you say.

My point is that sometimes the Kufi-like or Andalous-like fonts are used
"excessively". It might result in:
1) an accessibility problem (scrolling subtitles for example)
2) or a confusion in reading.
For example, in some cases you might confuse between the letters
"Teh+Noun" and the letter "Sheen", in these two words  التنمية and
اشمية, as shown in this image (word Atanmiya and Achmia, font-family:
KacstTitle) [1]:
Atanmiya vs Achmia

There are other examples.

Best regards,