Re: AI cloning NO FAKE Act

“Fully” is clearly hype, as we have a long way to go to realise human-level AGI. However, people can be easily fooled if they allow themselves to want to believe something. Unscrupulous people take full advantage of that.  It’s disturbing that plenty of people look to social media for the news rather than to traditional journalists.

On a lighter note take a look at https://beta.character.ai <https://beta.character.ai/>. I can readily imagine children being given access to chatbots that mimic historical characters to help make learning engaging. Of course such services would be subject to careful scrutiny to ensure that they are safe and trustworthy.

Dave Raggett <dsr@w3.org>