From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Tuesday, 13 September 2022 at 10:12
To: "paoladimaio10@googlemail.com" <paoladimaio10@googlemail.com>
Cc: ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program <metadataportals@yahoo.com>, Public-cogai <public-cogai@w3.org>, W3C AIKR CG <public-aikr@w3.org>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Draft EU AI Act regulations could have a chilling effect • The Register

Is there any response from actual Open Source AI projects? Or collaborative data initiatives like Wikidata?

Speaking of large tech companies - including my employer, Google - many have focussed very heavily on Open Source, and have significant investment in the Open Source ecosystem being healthy.

Dan