Re: KR for Cogai/gentle reminder

Hi Adeel,

i've added it to the public library resource i've been developing recently:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1tYFIggw8MIY5fD2u-nbwFRM6wqrhdmQZ
and will sort it into the devops folder (most likely) when i get to it.

In one of my diagrams produced in 2019:
https://miro.medium.com/max/4800/1*iDV7e5JuUltlcavjyn4yCg.png there's a
choice illustrated between systems designed to supply 'information' to
conscious observers vs. those designed to supply 'knowledge' which in-turn,
relates to socioeconomic choices.

other diagrams:
https://medium.com/webcivics/inforgs-the-collective-info-sphere-67a660516cfd

It appears I may be in the wrong group; as a consequence of differences
about the objective outcomes sought by producing technology to be employed
by the technology platforms that define humanity.

I am thinking this isn't the best place for me to pursue goals of
importance to me...  obviously, the desire is about open-standards (not
rents on minds).

On Sat, 29 Oct 2022 at 12:41, Paola Di Maio <paoladimaio10@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hay Timothy and all
>
> This list is about KR in AI
>
> Your question is pertinent, but it has been answered in literature many
> many years ago
> [image: image.png]
> From A General Knowledge Representation
> Model of Concepts Carlos Ramirez and Benjamin Valdes
> Tec of Monterrey Campus Queretaro, DASL4LTD Research Group
> Mexico
>
> I personally start every talk and paper on AI KR precisely with this
> diagram, which serves to provide context (from Ramirez Valdez)
>
> file:///C:/Users/paola/Downloads/InTech-A_general_knowledge_representation_model_of_concepts.pdf

whilst I understand some may be able to access that file - morally, i don't
engage in that sort of behaviour.

> KR is a big topic and it applies to many disciplines
> In AI, KR has a specific function /roles (as discussed in many books that
> it would be advisable to take sight of, since they answer many questions
> being raised here)
> KR has limitations, so does ML
> In my research, I identify novel roles for KR, that is, for example to
> expose deepfakes,
> and other things I cannot explain in a post (but that I can try to
> summarise in a webinar)

having had a role in the development of media systems for a long-time (2000
onwards, in areas from early VOD to IPTV / HybridTV, digital cinema, etc.);
the issue, from my perspective about maintaining human agency - is about
being able to authenticate the use of media that contains a persons
likeness - sometimes, alterations may be approved (ie: changing the
language / lipsync) other times, that's not the case.  so in the RWW &
credentials work: a means to address these issues was forged via
'mico-project' (as an example) as is noted;
https://medium.com/webcivics/media-analytics-59a7cb27dc76 several years
ago, although,that doesn't really get into the 'hypermedia content
packages' or other stuff - that's probably 'out of scope' here (perhaps
even more broadly, at w3c, but the HbbTV standards (2007-8 from memory); do
use W3C standards, which is why WebID-TLS may work with the HbbTV stuff -
so that people can control the way privacy interacts with their TV (dynamic
content, etc.) as a multi-user IoT device (in a multi-device setting);
understanding, that sort of knowledge representation may also be 'off
topic'...

> What may be useful is to provide an reading list for people to
> familiarise themselves with the notions being discussed and problems being
> tackled
> I started one on the AI KR CG home page somewhere, needs updating
>
> I do teach a course that I may be able to offer as a MOOC in the future
> :-)
>
> Adeel, YES Brachman and Levesque, but so many others
>
> Adeel and Timothy, if you are interested, please contribute to the list of
> resources
> already started on the CG pages somewhere, you can also add references and
> your own annotations

I hope my contributions have helped - noting - i am not funded for any of
these activities - my focus has been on seeking to improve the
circumstances for humanity; which isn't something that's very well
supported by most funded roles (venture capital, etc.); i guess, if that
wasn't the case - then perhaps TimBL would still be at W3C whilst pursuing
'solid' (or cross cloud, or rww, or 'dataspaces' or whatever).

anyhow.  it does sound as though you've got a plan...

FWIW:
per: https://twitter.com/WebCivics/status/492707794760392704
https://medium.com/webcivics/a-future-knowledge-age-2e3f5095c67  noted:
https://www.w3.org/2007/09/map/main.jpg

the video can be found:
https://web.archive.org/web/20200515000000*/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_2YWiaPJ6A
(i'm probably going to end-up trying to find all the, fairly difficult to
find otherwise - parts - of a story, about a journey - and putting it into:
https://timeline.knightlab.com/ )  yet; finally, i am considerate of the
situation where - with these 'digital wallets' that are said to define our
''self sovereign' identity' - which practically, is actually being used via
the context of 'contract law' - that there's no facility that was endorsed
to be supported & made, to aid in the communications of values; like, human
beings being able to put into those contracts, where their 'identity' or
other 'verifiable credentials' are being demanded - for access, perhaps -
to a system that controls their address book; that there's nothing made to
help people also provide into that contractual arrangement, internationally
most of the time - instruments like the universal declaration of human
rights; the short version says 'rights' not 'rulers'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRGhrYmUjU4  - but the preamble says -
dignity, something that's not really about companies; which is probably why,

regardless of my desires otherwise - W3C is not the best place for me to
continue to do the work i've been doing over a very long time, to support
those sorts of considerations - around rights, human dignity.

which - if - it is not made to be part of an agreement, then it is
considered to be - 'off topic' should anyone seek to proclaim a breach of
agreement, and then, by peaceful means - seek resolution / remedy...

in any case - i hope that helps, I might drop off the list, as I now have
concerns...

cheers,

timothy holborn.