Re: the role of knowledge (mis) representation in conflict

Politics has been described as war by other means
<https://moderndiplomacy.eu/2018/10/28/politics-as-continuation-of-war-by-other-means/>.

Regardless of the degree of truth of that description, it is a win/lose
proposition and thus inherently polarizing.  The only question is the
extent to which the conflict will be carried.  One would hope that we
could do better than #gofpau
<https://www.google.com/search?q=%23gofpau&rlz=1C1CHBF_enUS868US868&oq=%23gofpau&aqs=chrome.0.69i59.3528j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#bsht=CgRmYnNtEgIIBA>
(good, old-fashioned politics as usual) for most of the affairs of life,
in win/win propositions (as occurs in open markets).

On a less philosophical note, efforts like the Content Authenticity
Initiative are headed in the right direction.
https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#CAI3 |
https://contentauthenticity.org/

Machine-readable metadata matters.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Machine-readable_document

In the meantime, artificial ignorance
<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/artificial-ignorance-owen-ambur> plays a
prominent role in supporting misinfo/disinfo and the news media are
expert practitioners
<https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/democratic-authoritarianism-owen-ambur/>
of A<I>.  Moreover, like Putin, they seem to want to portray themselves
as the victims rather than the perpetrators of the problem.

Owen
https://www.linkedin.com/in/owenambur/