Re: no frames?/maybe a visual synopsis

I appreciate the many definitions for knowledge graph, but for me, a simpler and more appealing definition is:

A knowledge graph is a network of concepts and properties that can be used to represent both data and data models.

That is broad enough to cover a broad range of techniques including RDF, Property Graphs and Chunks.  It also avoids limiting knowledge graphs to graphs with formal semantics. Dictionary definitions of “knowledge” include:

a) the fact or condition of knowing something with familiarity gained through experience or association

b) acquaintance with or understanding of a science, art, or technique

c) the fact or condition of being aware of something

d) the range of one's information or understanding

e) the sum of what is known : the body of truth, information, and principles acquired by humankind

Which seems pretty good to me.  Knowledge needs to be good enough to guide actions rather than having to be formally correct. Scientific theories are judged to be useful if their predictions agree with experimental observations.

> On 15 Feb 2021, at 00:58, Paola Di Maio <paoladimaio10@gmail.com> wrote:
> I ll add this to the reader for KG
> A Common Sense View of Knowledge Graphs
> https://www.mkbergman.com/2244/a-common-sense-view-of-knowledge-graphs/ <https://www.mkbergman.com/2244/a-common-sense-view-of-knowledge-graphs/>
W3C Data Activity Lead & W3C champion for the Web of things