Fwd: New RFI Seeks Input on SRA Data Formats

fyi

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Office of Data Science Strategy <datascience@nih.gov>
Date: Sat, May 23, 2020 at 2:21 AM
Subject: New RFI Seeks Input on SRA Data Formats
To: <NIH-DATA-SCIENCE@list.nih.gov>

A note from NIH Associate Director for Data Science Dr. Susan Gregurick:

*We are excited to announce that NLM and ODSS have released an RFI to
solicit community feedback on the new proposed Sequence Read Archive (SRA)
data formats. These formats were proposed in collaboration with the SRA
Data Working Group of the Council of Councils, to better facilitate usage,
exchange, and scientific impact of the data while maintaining a
sustainable, cost-effective footprint.*

*View the RFI <https://go.usa.gov/xw3Kh> and the submission form
<https://go.usa.gov/xw3kc>.*

*We’d encourage you all to share with your staff and colleagues, especially
those who are actively engaging with SRA data. *

*Sincerely,*

*Susan*

https://datascience.nih.gov | Follow us on Twitter @NIHDataScience
<https://twitter.com/NIHDataScience> and join the conversation #NIHData