Re: Law Enforcement Algorithms

Carl, while the StratML standard doesn't explicitly address hypotheses
or assumptions, in StratML Part 2 <PerformanceIndicator>s of the
<TargetResult>s type are analogous to those concepts -- in the sense
that the envisioned (hypothetical) results are achieved (proven) or not
(disproved) or perhaps only partially achieved.  They can be documented
as <ActualResult>s and compared to the <TargetResult>s.

The degree to which objectives are achieved is analogous to the concept
of degrees of confidence with respect to the probability that a
hypothetical result could not have occurred by chance. However, to the
degree that inputs and processes are documented in an open, standard,
machine-readable format like StratML, AI can be applied to learn and
inform users what is required to achieve the results they desire and,
eventually, to deliver it exactly when and where it is needed (with
close to 100% confidence for routine purposes).  When that occur, the
advertising, marketing, and acquisition/procurement paradigms will be
transformed.

With respect to assumptions, I like the saying about what they make of u
and me. https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Assume In short,
I'd much prefer to document and share target and actual performance
indicators than assumptions.

At least, that's my hypothesis for now.  The proof will be in the
puddin'. https://grammarist.com/usage/proof-is-in-the-pudding/

BTW, the contents of GAO's report are now available in StratML format at
https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#AUFLE

I see that GAO plans to issue a second report with policy
recommendations.  When they do, I plan to render them in StratML format
as well ... but it certainly would be nice if GAO were do that
themselves.  They do have a database to track their recommendations, at
https://www.gao.gov/reports-testimonies/recommendations-database/
However, if it is interoperable with their reports, that would be news
to me.

This report has not been categorized under the Artificial Intelligence
<https://www.gao.gov/reports-testimonies/recommendations-database/?q=%22Artificial+intelligence%22&field=thesaurus_ss&list=1&rec_type=priority#results>
facet of their hypertext browse index at
https://www.gao.gov/reports-testimonies/recommendations-database/?browse=thesaurus_ss&rec_type=priority#results
but that's understandable because it does not contain recommendations.

Owen