Law Enforcement Algorithms

From: Owen Ambur <Owen.Ambur@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 23:49:31 -0400
To: W3C AIKR CG <public-aikr@w3.org>
The U.S. GAO's new report on Algorithms Used in Federal Law Enforcement
is available at https://www.gao.gov/assets/710/706849.pdf

This report is different than typical GAO reports, which usually contain
recommendations.  So I have not converted its relevant content to
StratML format as I have done with the recommendations set forth in 19
of their other reports at https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm#GAO

However, if anyone thinks it might be useful to do so, I'd be happy to
give it a shot.  Goals, objectives, and stakeholders are implicit in the
text of the narrative report.  Rendering them in StratML format would
make them more explicit, in machine-readable format.

Needless to say, as a self-avowed leading practice organization, it
would be good if GAO could start showing Executive Branch agencies how
to comply with section 10 of GPRAMA and the OPEN Government Data Act
(OGDA) by publishing its reports in machine-readable format conforming
to an internationally standardized schema.

Owen