Re: generic parsers

Paola, I'm not sure I understand exactly what you are saying.

By generic "parser" I'm guessing that you mean an application that can
select out goal and objective statements from unstructured ("natural
language") text and render them in StratML format.  If so, I am unaware
of any tool that can do that.

However, Pradeep Jain and his colleagues at Ictect have previously
developed a template for use in MS Word, from which their patented
technology rendered StratML.  If sufficient demand were to arise from MS
Word users, I trust they'd be happy to update the template to work with
the latest version of Word. https://stratml.us/index.htm#Ictect

On the other hand, if by "produce an output based on a StratML URL
input," you mean exactly what those words say, Alain Barbet's XForm for
StratML Part 2 can do that, at
http://waterland.freeboxos.fr:8009/Part2Form.xml You can try it with
this URL, if you'd like: https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/AIKRCGwStyle.xml
Or you can just click on this link
<http://stratml.us/forms/walt5.pl?url=http://stratml.us/carmel/iso/AIKRCG.xml>
and the file will automatically open in the XForm for editing.

I'm hoping Jorge's "wizard" version of the StratML forms will soon have
similar capabilities.

In any event, the advantage of using either his StratML application or
Chris's StratNavApp is that they are backed by databases, whereas files
created in the XForms must be saved locally and then manually posted
somewhere on the Web, e.g., via the hypertext index I have been
maintaining at https://stratml.us/drybridge/index.htm The trade-off is
that giving users rights to write to the database means Chris and Jorge
also need to manage UIDs & passwords, overhead I have not wanted to take
on myself.

Chris' app also has many other features to help organizations and groups
craft better plans, including the capability to work collaboratively
together to edit and comment on them.  The group that Carl has been
leading began doing that last week and plans to continue fleshing out
our plan during our televideo conference next Tuesday.  We moved the
time up an hour to accommodate your schedule and I hope you'll be able
to join us.

I'm looking forward to the day that a sufficient number of dynamic
StratML indices are semi-automatically maintained by others on the Web
so that I can stop manually maintaining my static hypertext listing.
Ideally, those repositories would not only provide the query
capabilities outlined here
<https://stratml.us/carmel/iso/SMLTASwStyle.xml#_15446932-208f-11e6-a80e-7333871eb3cb>
but also have the capability to notify each other of additions to the
collection.

If the StratML standard were to begin to attract sufficient usage, I
trust that Andre Cusson may wish to re-initiate work on his StratML
portal <https://stratml.us/index.htm#Cusson>, that the folks at Ximdex
may want to reengineer their StratML query service
<http://space.ximdex.net/stratml-portal/> to take advantage of the
structure and semantics of the schema, and that Pooyan Zamanian may wish
to elevate the visibility of his StratML portal
<https://stratml.us/index.htm#Pooyan> (in Farsi).  Perhaps Esri might
also be enticed to re-initiate their StratML portal
<https://stratml.us/index.htm#ESRI> to provide geospatial referencing
services.

In large measure, that depends upon whether potential users recognize
the value and importance of using the StratML standard but, of course,
that is a chicken-or-egg situation.  As Steve Jobs famously said, it's
not the role of customers to know what they want; it is the role of
entrepreneurs to show them... and, after seeing it (like the iPhone)
they quickly come to feel they simply must have it.  That's why I'm so
anxious to see what Jorge and other developers can do.

I hope this helps.  If you have further questions, just let us know.
Hope to see and hear from you during our televideo conference on
Tuesday.  I trust Carl will be sending out a reminder with the
connection info.

Owen