Re: Knowledge graphs

I can say a few more things but the introduction summarises it pretty
well in less than 3 pages.

The goal is to give an overview of what KGs are, what they are used for,
how they are used, and the computing techniques that go with them: graph
data management, graph-based knowledge representation and reasoning,
inductive reasoning, KG construction and enrichment, quality assessment,
KG publication (e.g., as Linked Data or FAIR data), examples of well
known KGs and their applications. Some research directions at the end.

In addition, there is an appendix with 2 things:
  - a short history of the concept and phrase "knowledge graph"
  - formal definitions for many of the notions described in the paper.

The paper is written in order to be accessible to someone who has a
background in computer science (~MSc level or higher) and would like to
know more about KGs, either because they are starting research on the
topic and need pointers and some understanding of the field, or because
they are interested in using (or would like to consider using) KGs in
their own company and/or project.

Additionally, it can be used as a pedagogical resource that can easily
complement a course on the topic.

Some differences compared to other papers on KGs:
  - it is not a survey in the sense that it does not apply a methodology
for comparison, analysis, etc. of the topics described (there is no
novel research in it);
  - it is very broad, covering aspects related to symbolic,
non-symbolic, semi-symbolic AI and more;
  - it is a bit more directed to the KR and the semantic web community
than many other papers on the topic (BTW, there is a very recent survey
that targets the ML community more https://arxiv.org/abs/2002.00388)
  - it is, hopefully, more accessible than most papers on KGs.

There is, though, a textbook announced at Springer that will be
available this summer and that may achieve the same goals as our paper:

https://www.springer.com/gp/book/9789811081767

but we do not know what's inside. Hopefully, this one complements well
our paper, but the advantage of our technical report at arXiv is that it
is 100 % free for everyone :)

Best,
--AZ