Re: changing this group from CG to IG

As background:

	W3C Community Groups are free for anyone to join.
	W3C Interest Groups are free for W3C Members to join.

W3C Interest Groups and Working Groups have attached W3C staff contacts and access to a wider set of resources than Community Groups, see:

	https://www.w3.org/2019/Process-20190301/#GroupsWG <https://www.w3.org/2019/Process-20190301/#GroupsWG>
	https://www.w3.org/Consortium/membership.html <https://www.w3.org/Consortium/membership.html>
	https://www.w3.org/Consortium/fees <https://www.w3.org/Consortium/fees>

> On 23 Nov 2019, at 02:32, Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Greetings folks
>
> according to Ian at W3C, the main difference between between a CG and an IG is
> Community Groups often produce specifications (called Community Group Reports). Interest Groups typically do not; they focus on discussion.
>
> I hope this group can produce a report, but because we have not seen enough contributions
> since the group started, and I am really busy working on research papers and talks, and I am going to be for the next few months despite my wish to produce something for this group I am struggling to keep up, I wonder if we should
> a) wait until someone perks up to contribute to write a group report,
> b)  change this group to an interest group at some point soon
>
> Thoughts? Objections?
> Have a great weekend
>
> PDM

W3C Data Activity Lead & W3C champion for the Web of things