Re: Intelligence without representation

Paola, to me, the most interesting part of the presentation you cite is
Brooks' "subsumption architecture": perception --> planning --> actuation.

However, my interest focuses on the human level, with particular
attention to the planning stage of his "architecture".
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/consciously-connected-communities-owen-ambur/

I viewed his "manifesto" at
http://people.csail.mit.edu/brooks/books%20&%20movies.html#f-m to see if
I could find the makings of a plan to render in StratML format ... but
was not sufficiently motivated by what I saw there to take the time and
effort to try to decipher his plan, if he actually has one.

Among my pet peeves is the usage of words like "manifesto," "framework,"
and "policy".  To me, those words imply their authors don't really know
what they are trying to achieve or, at least, have not thought through
the logic of what is required to realize (accomplish) it.  If they had,
they would have a performance plan.  Moreover, if they were civic
minded, they'd publish it in open, standard, machine-readable format.

BTW, if this group has no plan to produce any particular output, much
less any outcome, I don't think I can justify participating merely to
engage in aimless and perhaps endless dialogue (input and feedback).

Owen