From: ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program <metadataportals@yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:56:07 AM
To: Adam Sobieski; semantic-web@w3.org; public-aikr@w3.org
Subject: Re: Emergent Semantics

IMHO the following is a viable starting point for a broad discussion on semantics and natural language.

Statement:"language deals with domains of discourse that allow inner reflection, or transmitting or recording about domains of discourse"

From this starting point we can unify Buddhist logical systems, philosophy, religion, science, logic and mathematics in the process showing that they are all subject to Godel's Incompleteness Theorem.

The only way out of this is to strive for consistency using generalized conceptual frameworks such as can be created by using category theory.

Buddhists, linguists, neuro-scientists and psychologists are  slowly converging in their efforts to arrive at cognitive architectures and formal models for consciousness.

And what is emerging is the means to structure AI and AGI in a truly universal way, beyond mere machine learning.

Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Project Paradigm: Bringing the ICT tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide through collaborative research on applied mathematics, advanced modeling, software and standards development