W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-adapt@w3.org > November 2022

MINUTES: APA Adapt Task Force Teleconference - Monday 7 Nov 2022

From: Mike Beganyi <mbeganyi@tpgi.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2022 16:01:48 +0000
To: Adapt tf <public-adapt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <BY5PR20MB30122513C21CAC05463410F8AD3C9@BY5PR20MB3012.namprd20.prod.outlook.com>
Hi all,

Please find a link to the minutes from today’s meeting below. Past the link are the plain text minutes.



[15:07] <Zakim> agendum 1 -- Adapt Symbols Module Status -- taken up [from Lionel_Wolberger]
[15:08] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: looking good. some discussion on the list re: naming the short name of the module
[15:08] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: let's start with module and text itself
[15:08] <Roy> https://w3c.github.io/adapt/symbols/

[15:09] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: first read. nothing popped out. any comments?
[15:09] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:09] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:09] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: I think we're good on this. personally take an action to do one more read. if I approve, do we need any other approval?
[15:09] <Roy> q+
[15:09] * Zakim sees Roy on the speaker queue
[15:09] <Roy> q-
[15:09] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:10] <mike_beganyi> janina: timelines in the registry call, won't have the first public WD until the 7th of December (hopefully). we need a normative reference into that timeline, so ours is dependent on Registry moving forward
[15:11] <mike_beganyi> janina: if there are problems we will have a week to fix. plan A is that we will make publication by the 15th
[15:11] <mike_beganyi> Roy: correct, Janina.
[15:11] <matatk> q+
[15:11] * Zakim sees matatk on the speaker queue
[15:11] <mike_beganyi> Roy: in our draft, we mention the BCI Index Value, we may need to update this paragraph
[15:12] <mike_beganyi> janina: we should proceed as if this is happening. should re-write assuming we have a TR document for Registry
[15:12] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: I'm comfortable with this. close connection between BCI Registry and Adapt Symbols CR
[15:13] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:13] * Zakim sees matatk on the speaker queue
[15:13] <mike_beganyi> ack matatk
[15:13] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:13] <mike_beganyi> matatk: I'm concerned about the publication dates. if we publish in mid-December there's no time to fix problems if found by TAAG
[15:13] <Lionel_Wolberger> +1 to Matt's concern about delaying CR
[15:14] <mike_beganyi> matatk: can we give TAAG a version and explain the situation so that we may be able to approve before end of year
[15:14] <matatk> s/TAAG/TAG/
[15:14] <matatk> s/TAAG/TAG/
[15:14] * mike_beganyi thanks Mat
[15:14] <mike_beganyi> janina: a little more delay than we wanted, but this has been present for some time.
[15:15] <mike_beganyi> Roy: Filipe booked for next Monday regarding this
[15:15] <matatk> q+
[15:15] * Zakim sees matatk on the speaker queue
[15:16] <mike_beganyi> janina: suspect there will not be any major concerns as at TPAC positive thoughts were expressed regarding the finalization of the symbol set. Rossen was encouraging regarding the status
[15:16] <mike_beganyi> ack matatk
[15:16] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:16] <mike_beganyi> matatk: happy to help with Explainer.
[15:17] <mike_beganyi> matatk: other action would be to update the reference to the PDF. we'll replace with a reference to the Registry
[15:17] <Roy> https://w3c.github.io/adapt-registry/

[15:17] <matatk> ack me
[15:17] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:17] <mike_beganyi> matatk: end note? we are putting to draft version, can point to final version once Registry is finalized
[15:17] <matatk> s/Fillipe/Phillipe/
[15:17] * mike_beganyi thanks again Mat
[15:17] <janina> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-adapt/2022Nov/0011.html

[15:17] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:17] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:17] <Lionel_Wolberger> q+
[15:17] * Zakim sees Lionel_Wolberger on the speaker queue
[15:18] <mike_beganyi> ack Lionel_Wolberger
[15:18] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:18] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: Mat concerned about putting off CR. I +1'ed that.
[15:18] <Lionel_Wolberger> Why is it not sufficient-- this reference
[15:18] <Lionel_Wolberger> "Until such time as a W3C BCI Registry specification is available with standardized realtime URI referencing, here is a link to the BCI numbers (PDF) [BCI-AV] and additional language translations (PDF) [BCI-AV-additional-language] at the time of this publication and the copyright licensing from BCI. "
[15:19] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: what changed in the TAG feedback that caused this to be insufficient
[15:19] <mike_beganyi> janina: we can't go to CR with that reference. it has to be normative.
[15:20] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: weren't worried about non-normative nature of the sentence before.
[15:20] <mike_beganyi> janina: we were referring to the PDF before. we are dropping the PDF.
[15:20] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: must we drop the PDF to go to CR?
[15:20] <mike_beganyi> janina: yes. we don't want technology built from a PDF. we want people to use the Registry
[15:21] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: want to publish in 2022. I have no issues pointing to a PDF
[15:21] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:21] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:22] <mike_beganyi> janina: don't think this will carry approval upstream, as non-normative. to try to shoehorn based on the PDF because there may be an issue with the Regsitry may look a little iffy
[15:23] <mike_beganyi> janina: a couple of things have happened since September. first, they found this to be architecturally sound. second, the BCI Registry has been looked at and the direction and messaging is correct. the only thing delaying is one of the key participants is on vacation for two weeks
[15:23] <mike_beganyi> janina: we can still make the timeline but I'm not going to prevent vacation for this.
[15:24] <mike_beganyi> janina: secondly, we have WHATWG saying don't publish with data dash, publish with adapt dash
[15:24] <mike_beganyi> janina: updates from Becky and/or Matthew on this.
[15:24] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:24] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:24] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: Matthew, any progress on getting adapt-?
[15:25] <mike_beganyi> janina: in the minutes from Vancouver that they would prefer we would use adapt dash (adapt-)
[15:26] <matatk> https://www.w3.org/2022/09/13-apa-minutes.html#t03

[15:32] <Lionel_Wolberger> q?
[15:32] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:38] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: when can we send the draft message? does it depend on using fixing up the Registry reference?
[15:38] <mike_beganyi> janina: no.
[15:39] <matatk> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-adapt/2022Nov/0008.html

[15:39] <janina> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-adapt/2022Nov/0008.html

[15:39] <matatk> rrsagent, make minutes
[15:39] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2022/11/07-adapt-minutes.html matatk
[15:40] <matatk> q+
[15:40] * Zakim sees matatk on the speaker queue
[15:40] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: CR depends on Registry spec first public working draft and our formalized request pursuant to our conversation with WHATWG at TPAC
[15:51] <mike_beganyi> matatk: should get this done as soon as possible (reviewing draft message). I haven't finished sending the research on the list. looking at things like "do we need to look at other things besides rel?" we may decide to use rel and may not.
[15:52] <mike_beganyi> matatk: did some looking into other things. sent some research and will send to list as soon as I can. I do think that there is a strong likelihood that there will be other prefixes. will send more information to the list as soon as possible
[15:52] <mike_beganyi> matatk: don't think we're blocked on that path
[15:52] <mike_beganyi> ack mat
[15:52] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
[15:53] <mike_beganyi> janina: if the list is short, does the question of having a prefix at all come up again?
[15:53] <mike_beganyi> matatk: not sure. possibility to be done in a lot of ways. hard to say at the moment
[15:54] <mike_beganyi> janina: safer path may be to indicate we're highly confident that the prefix will be more than one attribute pair. we will find some uses for it, even if we do other things with CSS and rel
[15:55] <mike_beganyi> matatk: will be easier to add new things with appropriate names if we don't need to worry about interfering with other HTML attributes
[15:55] <mike_beganyi> janina: we still believe a prefix is important
[15:56] <mike_beganyi> janina: and we have a rationale for the adapt- prefix
[15:56] <mike_beganyi> Lionel_Wolberger: now have clear dependencies on publication. can have everything else wait until next time
[15:57] <mike_beganyi> all: thanks for your efforts Roy
[15:57] <matatk> rrsagent, make minutes
[15:57] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate https://www.w3.org/2022/11/07-adapt-minutes.html matatk

From: Lionel Wolberger <lionel@userway.org>
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2022 12:49 PM
To: Adapt tf <public-adapt@w3.org>
Cc: Sharon D Snider <snidersd@us.ibm.com>; APA Chairs <group-apa-chairs@w3.org>
Subject: APA Adapt Task Force Teleconference - Monday 7 Nov 2022 Agenda

CAUTION: This email originated outside Vispero. Do not click links, open attachments or forward unless you recognize the sender.

Hi all,
Please review the agenda for Monday's WAI-Adapt TF call and let us know if there are any other topics that need to be added.
Chair: Lionel
agenda+ Adapt Symbols Module Status
agenda+ Janina draft for WHATWG reserve “adapt-“ prefix
agenda+ CSS (i.e., media-queries), Microformats, @autocomplete (Matthew)
agenda+ How do we show TAG the Next billion users. (Research related to AAC)
agenda+ BCI Registry Specification
agenda+ Review open issues
agenda+ Symbol Module Implementations Status, focus on new candidates

The  teleconference information is at: call info - adapt<https://www.w3.org/2017/08/telecon-info_adapt>


  *   10:00 a.m. Eastern
  *   05:00 p.m. IS
  *   03:00 p.m. UK
IRC access:

  *   An IRC (Internet Relay Chat) channel will be available during the call at: https://irc.w3.org/?channels=<http://irc.w3.org/?channels=adapt>adapt
  *   The server is  irc.w3.org<https://irc.w3.org/>
  *   The port number is 6665
  *   The channel is #adapt.
  *   You can write any name as a nickname
Resources and useful links:

o   Wiki<https://t.sidekickopen90.com/s3t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7kF8cFFTBW4T_qld2zGCwVN8Jbw_8QsRtKVn1vXj1p1kknW16gGBN41Jd6G101?te=W3R5hFj4cm2zwW4mKLS-4mbkbhW49Ldrp2nQ-x1W30mhG94fDYzLW1GBcSW3F6jV_W45NqmX43TBFHW3T6jkg3T1McJf4mCW9mV3&si=8000000004174048&pi=8e540703-aba8-4282-85a0-c6cb1d664a5f>; - this page has links to all our work

o   Mailing list archives<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-adapt/>

o   Web-Based Surveys (WBS)<https://t.sidekickopen90.com/s3t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7kF8cFFTBW4T_qld2zGCwVN8Jbw_8QsRtKVn1vXj1p1kknW16gGBN41Jd6G101?te=W3R5hFj4cm2zwW4mKLS-4mbkbhW49LdqK1N4hm1W1N81nQ3Cfv3hw1N4K5047V2&si=8000000004174048&pi=8e540703-aba8-4282-85a0-c6cb1d664a5f>

o   Adapt source repository issue tracker<https://t.sidekickopen90.com/s3t/c/5/f18dQhb0S7kF8cFFTBW4T_qld2zGCwVN8Jbw_8QsRtKVn1vXj1p1kknW16gGBN41Jd6G101?te=W3R5hFj4cm2zwW3P28X24hCPvhW43T4Pc1Vp7RpW3H3bfK1LyzF74W1vp1&si=8000000004174048&pi=8e540703-aba8-4282-85a0-c6cb1d664a5f>

Scribing and Participation Tips –http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/wiki/Teleconference_cheat_sheet

Demo: https://github.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation and  https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.htm<https://rawgit.com/ayelet-seeman/coga.personalisation/demo/conactUs.html>

[Image removed by sender. Lionel Wolberger]<https://userway.org/?utm_source=email-signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Lionel_Wolberger>
Lionel Wolberger
COO, UserWay Inc.
[Image removed by sender. UserWay.org]<https://userway.org/?utm_source=email-signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Lionel_Wolberger>
[Image removed by sender. Phone Icon]
+1 (415) 800-4557
[Image removed by sender. Envelope Icon]
[Image removed by sender. Schedule with Me]<https://userway.org/s/lionel?utm_source=email-signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Lionel_Wolberger>
Important Reads: Accessibility and SEO Impact<https://userway.org/blog/the-impact-of-accessibility-on-seo/?utm_source=email-signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Lionel_Wolberger> & Accessibility Tax Credits<https://userway.org/blog/everything-you-need-to-know-about-web-accessibility-tax-benefits/?utm_source=email-signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Lionel_Wolberger>

(image/jpeg attachment: _WRD0000.jpg)

Received on Monday, 7 November 2022 16:02:30 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Monday, 7 November 2022 16:02:31 UTC