Re: Mapping the act rules

Hey Jasmine,
Thank you for reaching out. Currently nobody on the Lighthouse team
participates in ACT, so I'm not sure we can really answer this question. I
know that Google Lighthouse uses axe-core under the hood. We do have a
mapping between ACT and axe-core. You can find that here:
https://act-rules.github.io/implementation/axe-core

In theory that'll give you a fairly close match. One limitation of
Lighthouse I know of is that unlike axe-core proper, Lighthouse does not
test inside iframes. There might be some other differences too. It probably
isn't a perfect match. Without actually running Lighthouse against the ACT
test cases, I don't think there's a way to tell where there actually are
differences.

Hope that help,

--
*Wilco Fiers*
Axe-core product owner - Facilitator ACT Task Force - Co-chair ACT-Rules