aim of being unambigious/objective (was Re: ACT-R Meeting, tomorrow (November 28))

On 28/11/2019 10:11, Wilco Fiers wrote:
> Hey folks,
> Here are the minutes from today's meeting:
> https://www.w3.org/2019/11/28-act-r-minutes.html

Oh, I had best intentions of joining the call for the first time today,
but missed that it was in the morning rather than in the afternoon (UK
time).

One aspect that I wanted to maybe very broadly touch on is the idea of
unambiguous applicability and expectations ... because as much as WCAG
tried to be objective, there are many instances where it really comes
down to subjectivity (to determine if a text alternative conveys the
same purpose ... who can objectively say what the purpose is in all
situations? or headings/labels being descriptive ... that's also
subjective to an extent). While I think it's a laudable goal to always
be unambiguous (assuming it's meant as "objective"), I'd question if
that's always possible.

Thoughts?

(also, is it best to raise this as an issue in GitHub, or is it ok to
discuss things on mailing list as well)
--
Patrick H. Lauke