W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-act-r@w3.org > August 2019

Re: ACT-R Meeting 2019-08-21 -- minutes

From: Wilco Fiers <wilco.fiers@deque.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2019 16:02:55 +0200
Message-ID: <CAHVyjGPqZOuEa4PwOzEVq0XMNwKgVJbSYPtSw7zfzZM1Cs8+gg@mail.gmail.com>
To: Daniel Montalvo Charameli <dmontalvo@w3.org>
Cc: ACT Rules CG <public-act-r@w3.org>
Thanks Daniel. And thanks to Jean-Yves for scribing!

W

On Thu, Aug 22, 2019 at 11:05 AM Daniel Montalvo Charameli <dmontalvo@w3.org>
wrote:

> Good morning all:
>
>
> Please find the minutes for today meeting at
> https://www.w3.org/2019/08/22-act-r-minutes.html
>
>
> Text-only version below:
>
>
>
>    [1]W3C
>
>       [1] http://www.w3.org/
>
>                                - DRAFT -
>
>                             SV_MEETING_TITLE
>
> 22 Aug 2019
>
> Attendees
>
>    Present
>           Wilco, alistairg, Kasper, Daniel, Jean-Yves, Darius,
>           anne_thyme
>
>    Regrets
>
>    Chair
>           SV_MEETING_CHAIR
>
>    Scribe
>           Jean-Yves
>
> Contents
>
>      * [2]Topics
>          1. [3]REMEMBER: Sign up for face-to-face meeting 24-25
>             September 2019 #708
>          2. [4]AGENDA ITEM, Final call
>             https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls
>             ?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3A%22Final+call%22
>          3. [5]AGENDA ITEM, Reviewers wanted
>             https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls
>             ?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+review%3Arequired+
>          4. [6]Embrace tabs to split out contents of rule page
>             #807
>          5. [7]incorrect info about xml:lang #668
>          6. [8]Add "language" as an input aspect to rules that has
>             to do with evaluating meaning #671
>          7. [9]Consider using accessibility tree as an input
>             aspect #638
>      * [10]Summary of Action Items
>      * [11]Summary of Resolutions
>      __________________________________________________________
>
>    <scribe> scribe: Jean-Yves
>
> REMEMBER: Sign up for face-to-face meeting 24-25 September 2019 #708
>
>    <Wilco>
>    [12]https://www.w3.org/community/act-r/act-rules-cg-face-to-fac
>    e-meeting-on-24-25-september-2019-in-copenhagen-denmark/
>
>      [12]
> https://www.w3.org/community/act-r/act-rules-cg-face-to-face-meeting-on-24-25-september-2019-in-copenhagen-denmark/
>
>    Wilco: reminder f2f meeting in sept. Sign up before Sept 12.
>    ... book hotel soon.
>
>    Anne: especially if need accessible room
>
> AGENDA ITEM, Final call
> [13]https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?q=is%3Aope
> n+is%3Apr+label%3A%22Final+call%22
>
>      [13]
> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?q=is:open+is:pr+label
> :"Final+call"
>
>    Wilco: 3 final calls.
>
>    Anne: auto play audio might go to final call today. Is it OK to
>    final call it if there is just an editorial change after 3
>    approval?
>
>    Wilco: Yes.
>    ... two final call rules are also labelld WiP. Jey: demote FC.
>
> AGENDA ITEM, Reviewers wanted
> [14]https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?utf8=%E2%9
> C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+review%3Arequired+
>
>      [14]
> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is:open+is:pr+review:required+
>
>    Wilco: lot of rules need review. Remind to look at them and do
>    review.
>    ... Jey has change applicability on lang rule. Dagfinn, Wilco
>    and Kasper will look.
>    ... checkin outdated hyperlink (aria 1.0, ...)
>    ... autocomplete new applicability.
>    ... changelog on new page => other agenda item.
>    ... Anne will review interpretation rule.
>    ... missing links in glossary
>
>    JY: more writing work, less reading work. Test not easy to
>    write.
>
>    Wilco: keep test in another PR.
>
>    JY: footnote links support is added to ease write.
>
>    Wilco: Daniel will review.
>    ... name from content
>
>    JY: mix of textual/non-textual content tricky.
>
>    Anne: will do what I can and hand over to JY.
>
>    Wilco: SVG rule.
>
>    Anne: It is on hold.
>
>    Wilco: heading not only whitespace
>
>    Anne: need more work. Mostly editorial. Ready for review for
>    most parts.
>
>    Wilco: ARIA required context role
>
>    Anne: problem with multiple owners, need to be clarified. Will
>    need new review.
>
>    Wilco: ARIA working group is looking for proper ownership
>    definition.
>
>    Anne: they also look at inheritance issue.
>
> Embrace tabs to split out contents of rule page #807
>
>    <Wilco> [15]https://act-rules.github.io/rules/73f2c2
>
>      [15] https://act-rules.github.io/rules/73f2c2
>
>    Wilco: should we split the rule pages with tabs?
>
>    Jey: rule pages are pretty long. We already move changelog to
>    separate page. Maybe tabs is better to avoid multiply pages.
>
>    Anne: concerned about accessibility of pages!
>
>    Darius: agree that pages are too long
>
>    Wilco: need to keep within ACT-Rules format. Visible test cases
>    is good.
>
>    JY: test cases are part of the rule. how to make rules easy to
>    read?
>
>    Anne: WCAG is one very long page. Should we do the same?
>
>    Jey: another solution is expandable/collapsible sections.
>
> incorrect info about xml:lang #668
>
>    <Wilco>
>    [16]https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/issues/668
>
>      [16] https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/issues/668
>
>    Wilco: somebody need to deep dive into it and make a proposal
>
>    JY: tried to look at it. failed...
>
>    Wilco: it's very technical. Kasper will look into it.
>
> Add "language" as an input aspect to rules that has to do with
> evaluating meaning #671
>
>    Wilco: how to include language in test cases.
>
>    Anne: "this example is in English" in description vs add lang
>    attributes.
>
>    Wilco: probably both.
>
>    Anne: if implementation only look at language tag and it is
>    wrong, there is a problem.
>
>    Kasper: several rule have exception for non human language
>    stuff, also need language as input.
>
>    JY: all input aspects need to be uniquely determined from the
>    content of each example.
>    ... I'll look into it.
>
> Consider using accessibility tree as an input aspect #638
>
>    JY: accessibility tree is currently not uniquely determined
>    from HTML. Will need to be added to all examples.
>
>    Wilco: DOM tree+browser build unique tree
>
>    Alistair: will we promote the accessibility tree of one
>    browser?
>
>    Wilco: Axe-core is mostly Chrome
>
>    Kasper: Alfa is mostly aria introspection+accessible name
>    computation.
>
>    Alistair: we create a virtualized DOM.
>
>    Wilco: two things. 1/ standardisation of accessibility tree
>    (aria group is working a bit on that); 2/ What do we do now?
>    Until standardisation, differences will exist
>
>    Alistair: choosing one browser is accelerating standardisation.
>    Kicking off a TF with google and other would be good.
>
>    Wilco: puppeteer is exposing accessibility tree.
>
>    Alistair: we should have a piece of code that generate
>    accessibility tree and exemplify it. Set up a new W3C TF to
>    standardise accessibility tree
>
>    Wilco: ACT CG is not the best place for that. ARIA probably
>    better.
>    ... we are on hold on that topic until standardisation
>
>    <Kasper> For what it's worth:
>    [17]https://github.com/WICG/aom/blob/gh-pages/explainer.md#what
>    -happened-to-accessiblenode
>
>      [17]
> https://github.com/WICG/aom/blob/gh-pages/explainer.md#what-happened-to-accessiblenode
>
>    Daniel: we can only take the DOM for sure.
>    ... we can't make standard with just one partner
>
>    (we disconnected...)
>
>    Wilco: we can try and promote our aria-owned definition once we
>    have it.
>    ... in meantime, add accessibility tree as input aspect is
>    good.
>    ... Wilco will do a PR.
>
>    Alistair: we need to define which accessibility tre we use...
>
> Summary of Action Items
>
> Summary of Resolutions
>
>    [End of minutes]
>
> -------------------
>
>
> Best.
>
>
> Daniel.
>
>
>
> On 8/21/2019 1:08 PM, Wilco Fiers wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> Tomorrow (August 22nd) we are going to have another one of our
> twice-monthly ACT-R Community telcos. I hope you will all be able to attend
> again. Please review the GitHub issues on the agenda before the meeting.
>
> The meeting will be from 10:00 CEST to 11:00 CEST. See
> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=ACT-R+call&iso=20190822T10&p1=16&ah=1&am=00
> for your local time.
>
> To join the meeting online, go to:
> https://mit.webex.com/mit/j.php?MTID=meaafc10f3f57822443d91648afb408b5
> Meeting number: 642 407 987
> Password: Ask in IRC
>
> You can also dial in by phone +1-617-324-0000
>
> Join us on IRC at irc.w3.org/?channels=#act-r  (Changed!)
>
> Agenda
> ------
>
> https://github.com/search?q=user%3Aact-rules+repo%3Aact-rules.github.io+label%3A%22Agenda+item%22+state%3Aopen&type=Issues
>
> - REMEMBER: Sign up for face-to-face meeting 24-25 September 2019 #708
> - AGENDA ITEM, Final call
>
> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3A%22Final+call%22
> - AGENDA ITEM, Reviewers wanted
>
> https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+review%3Arequired+
> - Embrace tabs to split out contents of rule page #807
> - Validity of HTML Lang attribute (bf051a) - incorrect info about xml:lang
> #668
> - Add "language" as an input aspect to rules that has to do with
> evaluating meaning #671
> - Consider using accessibility tree as an input aspect #638
> - Passing test cases need to meet the accessibility requirement #546
> - Potential failure techniques for consideration as ACT Rules #469
>
>
> Upcoming meetings:
> - September 12 (16:00 CEST)
> - September 24 - 25 (F2F meeting, Copenhagen)
>
> https://www.w3.org/community/act-r/act-rules-cg-face-to-face-meeting-on-24-25-september-2019-in-copenhagen-denmark/
> - October 10th (16:00 CEST)
> - October 24th (10:00 CEST)
>
> Kind regards,
>
> --
> *Wilco Fiers*
> Axe product owner - Co-facilitator WCAG-ACT - Chair ACT-R / Auto-WCAG
>
>
>
> <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=icon> Virus-free.
> www.avast.com
> <https://www.avast.com/sig-email?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient&utm_term=link>
> <#m_-5121018402074223712_DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>
>


-- 
*Wilco Fiers*
Axe product owner - Co-facilitator WCAG-ACT - Chair ACT-R / Auto-WCAG

deque_logo_180p.gif
(image/gif attachment: deque_logo_180p.gif)

Received on Thursday, 22 August 2019 14:04:16 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 18:52:54 UTC