Re: ACT-R Meeting 2019-08-21 -- minutes

Good morning all:

Please find the minutes for today meeting at
https://www.w3.org/2019/08/22-act-r-minutes.html

Text-only version below:

    [1]W3C

       [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                - DRAFT -

                             SV_MEETING_TITLE

Attendees

    Present
           Wilco, alistairg, Kasper, Daniel, Jean-Yves, Darius,
           anne_thyme

    Regrets

    Chair
           SV_MEETING_CHAIR

    Scribe
           Jean-Yves

Contents

      * [2]Topics
          1. [3]REMEMBER: Sign up for face-to-face meeting 24-25
             September 2019 #708
          2. [4]AGENDA ITEM, Final call
             https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls
             ?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+label%3A%22Final+call%22
          3. [5]AGENDA ITEM, Reviewers wanted
             https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls
?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+review%3Arequired+
          4. [6]Embrace tabs to split out contents of rule page
          5. [7]incorrect info about xml:lang #668
          6. [8]Add "language" as an input aspect to rules that has
             to do with evaluating meaning #671
          7. [9]Consider using accessibility tree as an input
             aspect #638
      * [10]Summary of Action Items
      * [11]Summary of Resolutions

    <scribe> scribe: Jean-Yves

REMEMBER: Sign up for face-to-face meeting 24-25 September 2019 #708

    <Wilco>
    [12]https://www.w3.org/community/act-r/act-rules-cg-face-to-fac
    e-meeting-on-24-25-september-2019-in-copenhagen-denmark/

      [12]
https://www.w3.org/community/act-r/act-rules-cg-face-to-face-meeting-on-24-25-september-2019-in-copenhagen-denmark/

    Wilco: reminder f2f meeting in sept. Sign up before Sept 12.
    ... book hotel soon.

    Anne: especially if need accessible room

AGENDA ITEM, Final call
[13]https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?q=is%3Aope
n+is%3Apr+label%3A%22Final+call%22

      [13]
https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?q=is:open+is:pr+label:"Final+call"

    Wilco: 3 final calls.

    Anne: auto play audio might go to final call today. Is it OK to
    final call it if there is just an editorial change after 3
    approval?

    Wilco: Yes.
    ... two final call rules are also labelld WiP. Jey: demote FC.

AGENDA ITEM, Reviewers wanted
[14]https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?utf8=%E2%9
C%93&q=is%3Aopen+is%3Apr+review%3Arequired+

      [14]
https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/pulls?utf8=✓&q=is:open+is:pr+review:required+

    Wilco: lot of rules need review. Remind to look at them and do
    review.
    ... Jey has change applicability on lang rule. Dagfinn, Wilco
    and Kasper will look.
    ... checkin outdated hyperlink (aria 1.0, ...)
    ... autocomplete new applicability.
    ... changelog on new page => other agenda item.
    ... Anne will review interpretation rule.
    ... missing links in glossary

    JY: more writing work, less reading work. Test not easy to
    write.

    Wilco: keep test in another PR.

    JY: footnote links support is added to ease write.

    Wilco: Daniel will review.
    ... name from content

    JY: mix of textual/non-textual content tricky.

    Anne: will do what I can and hand over to JY.

    Wilco: SVG rule.

    Anne: It is on hold.

    Wilco: heading not only whitespace

    Anne: need more work. Mostly editorial. Ready for review for
    most parts.

    Wilco: ARIA required context role

    Anne: problem with multiple owners, need to be clarified. Will
    need new review.

    Wilco: ARIA working group is looking for proper ownership
    definition.

    Anne: they also look at inheritance issue.

Embrace tabs to split out contents of rule page #807

    <Wilco> [15]https://act-rules.github.io/rules/73f2c2

      [15] https://act-rules.github.io/rules/73f2c2

    Wilco: should we split the rule pages with tabs?

    Jey: rule pages are pretty long. We already move changelog to
    separate page. Maybe tabs is better to avoid multiply pages.

    Anne: concerned about accessibility of pages!

    Darius: agree that pages are too long

    Wilco: need to keep within ACT-Rules format. Visible test cases
    is good.

    JY: test cases are part of the rule. how to make rules easy to
    read?

    Anne: WCAG is one very long page. Should we do the same?

    Jey: another solution is expandable/collapsible sections.

incorrect info about xml:lang #668

    <Wilco>
    [16]https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/issues/668

      [16] https://github.com/act-rules/act-rules.github.io/issues/668

    Wilco: somebody need to deep dive into it and make a proposal

    JY: tried to look at it. failed...

    Wilco: it's very technical. Kasper will look into it.

Add "language" as an input aspect to rules that has to do with
evaluating meaning #671

    Wilco: how to include language in test cases.

    Anne: "this example is in English" in description vs add lang
    attributes.

    Wilco: probably both.

    Anne: if implementation only look at language tag and it is
    wrong, there is a problem.

    Kasper: several rule have exception for non human language
    stuff, also need language as input.

    JY: all input aspects need to be uniquely determined from the
    content of each example.
    ... I'll look into it.

Consider using accessibility tree as an input aspect #638

    JY: accessibility tree is currently not uniquely determined
    from HTML. Will need to be added to all examples.

    Wilco: DOM tree+browser build unique tree

    Alistair: will we promote the accessibility tree of one
    browser?

    Wilco: Axe-core is mostly Chrome

    Kasper: Alfa is mostly aria introspection+accessible name
    computation.

    Alistair: we create a virtualized DOM.

    Wilco: two things. 1/ standardisation of accessibility tree
    (aria group is working a bit on that); 2/ What do we do now?
    Until standardisation, differences will exist

    Alistair: choosing one browser is accelerating standardisation.
    Kicking off a TF with google and other would be good.

    Wilco: puppeteer is exposing accessibility tree.

    Alistair: we should have a piece of code that generate
    accessibility tree and exemplify it. Set up a new W3C TF to
    standardise accessibility tree

    Wilco: ACT CG is not the best place for that. ARIA probably
    better.
    ... we are on hold on that topic until standardisation

    <Kasper> For what it's worth:
    [17]https://github.com/WICG/aom/blob/gh-pages/explainer.md#what
    -happened-to-accessiblenode

      [17]
https://github.com/WICG/aom/blob/gh-pages/explainer.md#what-happened-to-accessiblenode

    Daniel: we can only take the DOM for sure.
    ... we can't make standard with just one partner

    (we disconnected...)

    Wilco: we can try and promote our aria-owned definition once we
    have it.
    ... in meantime, add accessibility tree as input aspect is
    good.
    ... Wilco will do a PR.

    Alistair: we need to define which accessibility tre we use...

Summary of Action Items

Summary of Resolutions

    [End of minutes]

Best.