RE: Bangalore Accessibility Awareness Dinner & Bangalore Accessibility Meet-ups [via Accessibility in India Community Group]

Shankar,
That’s a great idea. Having meet up in different cities / towns / even villages would help spreading the awareness. I’m sure Nawaz Khan of PayPal (who is part of this group) would be excited to help you in Chennai.

Here is how I do in Bangalore.

I reach out to a company / organization; explain them concept of meet-up and have them sign-up to host. It doesn’t really cost them any big money. All they need to offer is their office, arrange for snacks / coffee. Then I create an event on eventbrite and share on social media. Even could be just a social gathering with no agenda or could have an agenda; something like a quick session on a particular topic (something like how to create an accessible drop down menu etc.,).

I prefer to do it in companies who does not know about accessibility so that in a way, we are able to empower a company to start thinking / working towards inclusion.

Do let me know once you have set up something, would be happy to spread the word.

@Samantha, Great to have you on this group. Please feel free to share with your colleagues / friends in India. If someone is in Bangalore, would be happy to have them at the dinner / future meet-ups.

All the best,

Best regards,
-Vasu