Re: Actions before next week for Silver Functional Needs sub-group

Hereby my feedback, first would like to discuss the possible questions
about the user needs.
Like to get feedback on needs where I find it hard to distinguish the
differences as they seem to overlap.
After clearance I still need o do a dive into possible gaps if there are
any.

Comments in bold and red, if someone can't see it well enough I can send it
in another form.

User Needs Top Level

To be used by technology guidelines, content guidelines, the functional
categories, etc.

   - Users can perceive content
   - Users can discover content
   - User can navigate within content

   - Users can customize presentation *(customize? Users don’t customize
   the presentation, Maybe: use in preferred presentation)*
   - User can perceivable content in a form other than produced by
author *(same
   as above?)*
   - Users can interact in a device independent way *(same as above?) x 2,
   what is ‘form’ here?*
   - Users can input data in a device independent way *(isn’t that
   interact?, see above)*
   - Users can adjust how content is presented/outputted *(same as above?)
   (Double in list now!)*
   - Users are not harmed by content
   - Users can complete time-sensitive tasks
   - Users can recover from input errors
   - Users can control time-based media, including dynamic values, EQ,
   volume

   - Users can understand content
   - User should not be confused by content *(same as understand? above)*
   - Users can perceive meaning in a way that they need *(same as
   understand? above)*
   - Users perceive a control or objects role, system state and other
   properties as needed *(same as above) difficult one!*
   - Users need to know current state/reflected is accurate *(same as
   above) difficult one!*
   - Users can avoid (*and recover from error*) (SPLIT) contradictory (can
   you avoid error?)
   - Users can recover from error (SPLIT)
   -
   - Users can identify their position in content
   - Users can orientate themselves as to their location *(same as above?)*
   - User can navigate content effectively
   - Users can discover content *(same as above?) what is navigate here?*
   - Users can find help information about how to use the content
   - User are supported with instructions (and *can perceive object labels*)
   (SPLIT)
   - User can perceive object labels (SPLIT)
   - *Users are not distracted* *or interrupted by content* (SPLIT)
   - Users are not *interrupted by content* (SPLIT)
   - User can manage distractions *(contradicts above, ‘not distracted’,…)*
   - Users are made aware of alerts
   -
   - Users’ preferences are not overridden (‘users preferences are
   honored’, or, ‘user can set preferences, they are not overridden?! Most of
   times they override)
   - Users accessibility preferences are privileged *(same as above?)*
   - User personalization preferences are supported *(same as above?) 2x*
   - Users can adjust how content is presented/outputted *(same as above?)
   (Double in list now!)*
   - User can avoid personal risk
   - User privacy should be preserved
   - User do not need specific physical characteristics to interact *(isn’t
   this covered by lot’s of others?)*
   - Users can route and control their communication channels and related
   content *(explain…)*