RE: In AccessModeSufficient, could we eliminate the comma separated option?

Sorry, sent the last email too quickly. What I wanted to add is that schema.org doesn’t define a comma- or space-separated option. That’s a hack we had to do for EPUB. The expected type for accessModeSufficient is ItemList. That’s what the JSON-LD, RDFa and microdata examples show.

This is why I don’t really like showing EPUB examples in the vocabulary. We’re highlighting a hack. But if we take the examples out, we’re also avoiding addressing the biggest users of the metadata.

Matt

From: Charles LaPierre <charlesl@benetech.org>
Sent: May 25, 2022 7:56 PM
To: Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>
Cc: public-a11y-discov-vocab@w3.org
Subject: Re: In AccessModeSufficient, could we eliminate the comma separated option?

Hi George, I don’t think we can eliminate combinations, but having these as clearly separate sets is something we should encourage

IE.

* [textual]

* [textual, visual]

Instead of having them all on some single line, where it would be confusing I agree

Thanks

Charles

EOM

Charles LaPierre

Principal, Accessibility Standards, and Technical Lead, Global Certified Accessible

Benetech

Twitter: @CLaPierreA11Y