RE: Repost of CompuServe Position on Passphrases

>From: 	Tom Weinstein[SMTP:tomw@netscape.com]
>
>I don't think we should be burdening an international standard with
>idiosyncrasies imposed by brain-damaged US regulations that will
>hopefully be repealed in the near future.

A rousing sentiment, to be sure.  Perhaps Tom would also like to propose
expunging those "brain-damaged" EXPORT cipher suites from TLS?  Or can I
assume that we all (or the rest of us, at least) recognize the
regrettable need for the standard to deal with unpalatable legal
realities?

				Daniel Simon
				Cryptographer, Microsoft Corp.
				dansimon@microsoft.com