Re: Issue: Synchronous vs. Asynch.

The problem is, that all the simplified scenarios (e.g. home-banking,
insurance) assume a client / server model, but in case of the insurance or
in my example for critcal processes in indystrial manufacturing this can
also be a server / server communication. In my opinion there is a need for
syncronous and asynconous communication, because you will get some trouble
if only one (syncronous or asynconous) is supported and your worflow model
demands the other way of communication (asynconous or syncronous).

Karsten

  Karsten Illing
  GiS Gesellschaft fuer integrierte Systemplanung mbH
  Abt. Softwareentwicklung SE/S
  Junkersstrasse 2
  D-69469 Weinheim

  Tel.:[+49] 6201/503-46
  Fax.:[+49] 6201/503-66
  EMail:k.illing@gis.ibfs.de

> Von: marobertson@dstsystems.com
> An: ietf-swap@w3.org
> Betreff: RE: Issue: Synchronous vs. Asynch.
> Datum: Donnerstag, 15. Oktober 1998 15:33
>

> Marc A. Robertson@DST
> 10/15/98 08:33 AM
>
> I need some help understanding this.  I was under the impression that
SWAP