Re: Zaheduzzaman Sarker's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-zstd-window-size-02: (with COMMENT)

On Wed, Aug 21, 2024 at 4:57 AM Zaheduzzaman Sarker via Datatracker <
noreply@ietf.org> wrote:

> Zaheduzzaman Sarker has entered the following ballot position for
> draft-ietf-httpbis-zstd-window-size-02: No Objection

> introductory paragraph, however.)
>

> Please refer to
> https://www.ietf.org/about/groups/iesg/statements/handling-ballot-positions/
> for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-zstd-window-size/

> COMMENT:
>
> Thanks for this document and I have no concerns from transport protocol
> point
> of view.
>
> This is an informational document updating another informational document.
> I am
> assuming that zstd has been deployed and used to that extend that the
> update
> was essential. does that also indicate that the "informational" may not be
> any
> more the accurate category for this? Has this been considered?

If there's consensus that zstd has seen wide enough deployment and it's in
a sufficiently mature state, and there are no changes to it pending, we
might consider updating it in place to Proposed Standard.  It's an
Informational from the IETF stream (sponsored individual submission), not
from the ISE.

-MSK