Re: Orie Steele's No Objection on draft-ietf-httpbis-compression-dictionary-12: (with COMMENT)

Thank you. It was a great question because I actually had to do some
research to see how much canonicalization and normalization URLPattern
itself would do to percent-encoded strings. It ended up not mattering too
much because it mostly worked as expected except for a few cases where both
encoded and non-encoded were valid (%20 and an actual space both work
fine). I figured it was best not to call out those few cases and instead
focus on the fact that it is always operating on the percent-encoded
version of URLs (and the match patterns must also be percent-encoded).

Since they are HTTP headers anyway, there's not really any way someone
would have been able to send a raw unicode match string but I added a bit
to the "match" definition to make it clear that the matching and patterns
are all done on the percent-encoded version of the strings and used
the düsseldorf string as an example. I didn't think it would help to add
more richer unicode examples because they wouldn't be able to be
represented in HTTP headers directly anyway but let me know if you think it
still needs a little more clarity.

Draft 13 has the changes:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-httpbis-compression-dictionary/13/