Re: Proposal Towards Universal HTTP/3, with a polyfill of QUIC for TCP (Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kazuho-httpbis-http3-on-streams-00.txt)

Kazuho Oku writes:

> We, Lucas and I, have submitted two drafts aimed at broadening the reach of
> HTTP/3 - yes, making it available over TCP as well. We are eager to hear
> your thoughts on these:

So now we will have:

 websocket
 http/3
 quic
 tls
 tcp
 ip
 ethernet
 …and who knows how many physical layers below that.

I remember when IETF people ridiculed the OSI protocols for their having seven layers of protocol...