Re: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC9112 (7633)

FWIW, CUPS always sends CRLF but accepts LF-only chunk delimiters as a side-effect of reusing the same code to read headers/trailers.  We've not experienced any issues with this approach over the years but I don't think there is any point in normalizing this behavior since the original RFC was strict about it and everyone sends CRLF.

> On Sep 6, 2023, at 2:01 AM, Daniel Stenberg <daniel@haxx.se> wrote:
>
> On Wed, 6 Sep 2023, Willy Tarreau wrote:
>
>> FWIW while I've always been tolerant for bare LFs in headers and trailers (at least to support telnet/netcat), I've never accepted them in chunks nor even when chunk extensions were needed, and never got a single report of breakage due to not accepting them, thus I really think that all implementations do correctly use CRLF and that it's not worth risking to weaken the protocol by starting to support variations there.
>
> This matches my experience exactly (with curl). LF-tolerant in headers/trailers, strict when chunk-decoding.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

Michael Sweet