RE: Server push - use cases

This draft from 2018 might be on topic, particularly section 3.  https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-bishop-httpbis-push-cases-00

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Thomas <markt@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, August 14, 2023 4:59 AM
To: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
Subject: Server push - use cases

Hi all,

I'm currently working on a update to the Jakarta Servlet specification and we are discussing whether or not to deprecate, and in a future version remove, support for server push.

My impression from scanning this list's archives is that server push has not been widely adopted. I am aware that browsers have dropped / are dropping support for server push.

Can anyone point me to a current (or even proposed) use of server push that might be a reason not to deprecate server push in the Select spec?

Thanks,

Mark