Re: Server push - use cases

Jetty has offered a filter for a webapp that learns from the referrer links
what the relationship between URIs are, and then uses that to push those
associations on future requests, with the intention of shortening load
times.

To our knowledge, the filter has been used a bit, but we've not got any
hard data on if it actually improves quality of service.  We have
subsequently deprecated that filter as it needs more work to protect the
cache from unconstrained caching and inadvertent associations.  Nobody has
complained.

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw@webtide.com> CTO http://webtide.com