Re: Compression dictionary draft ID - draft-meenan-httpbis-compression-dictionary-00

One area I could see benefitting from reducing some overhead would be
around the hash of the dictionary contents since it could be expensive to
calculate.  One thing we could do there is have an additional (optional)
field in the use-as-dictionary response where the origin could populate the
hash as "hint" so caches or clients could use the advertised hash to
determine if it needs to store the dictionary or if it already has it.  The
language would have to be careful to require that the actual hash still be
calculated before storing (or use) to be sure that the has represents the
contents accurately but the hint could make the processing lighter weight,
particularly in the CDN flow.