Re: Compression dictionary draft ID - draft-meenan-httpbis-compression-dictionary-00

SNIPping for clarity

On Tue, Jul 4, 2023 at 4:04 AM Patrick Meenan <patmeenan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry, just saw that the tooling going from markdown->ID lost some of the
> breakpoints (and I need to figure out tables so I can better represent a
> few of the sections).  The one thing that I don't know is what the best
> practices are for sample HTTP headers that don't fit on a single line and
> if it is ok to wrap them or if it is better to shorten the header value to
> make it fit (might require an invalid string length for a hash but could be
> clearer to read).

Both the Signature and Digest specs have long line problems and manage the
wrapping using RFC8792 notation, so I'd recommend that. Here's an example:
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/blob/main/draft-ietf-httpbis-digest-headers.md?plain=1#L266-L272