Re: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC7541 (7372)

Curious bystander hat on.

AFAIK the third request is not intended to have a "cache-contol: no-cache"
field in it. This is true for example C.3 as well.

The dynamic table and headers list are allowed to diverge in practice. In
the examples, the dynamic table gets modified by the second request that
inserts "cache-contol: no-cache". In the third request, while the dynamic
table still contains the value of "cache-contol: no-cache", since the
header list (the input) doesn't contain a cache-control, and the encoded
data doesn't contain an instruction that refers to the cache-control
dynamic entry, then the decoded header list can't contain it.

The suggested change here would make the input header list and the decoded
header list different, which is incorrect and unexpected.

I'm curious where your decoder is failing on this.

Cheers,
Lucas