RE: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-client-cert-field-04

I'd also add that (in HTTP/2 and HTTP/3), header compression reduces repeat instances of the same header field to a few bytes at most, given an appropriately large header compression table.  This is also part of the reasoning for separating the chain from the certificate, as the chain is likely to remain consistent even across many clients.

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Campbell <bcampbell@pingidentity.com>
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2023 6:36 PM
To: Peter Yee <peter@akayla.com>
Cc: gen-art@ietf.org; draft-ietf-httpbis-client-cert-field.all@ietf.org; ietf-http-wg@w3.org; last-call@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Genart last call review of draft-ietf-httpbis-client-cert-field-04

FWIW, I've prepared this PR with those changes
https://github.com/httpwg/http-extensions/pull/2425

A preview can be seen here
https://httpwg.org/http-extensions/cert/genart-review/draft-ietf-httpbis-client-cert-field.html

As well as a diff
https://author-tools.ietf.org/iddiff?url1=https://httpwg.github.io/http-extensions/draft-ietf-httpbis-client-cert-field.txt&url2=https://httpwg.github.io/http-extensions/cert/genart-review/draft-ietf-httpbis-client-cert-field.txt