From: Anders Rundgren <anders.rundgren.net@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2022 1:12 AM
To: HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Subject: CBOR versus HTTP Message Signature

Dear List,
I hope you don't mind me elaborating a bit on an alternative to the current IETF WG item.
A decode ago I converted from XML/XSD to JSON.
Now I have converted to CBOR for many reasons including support for a wider set of data items, and last but not least deterministic serialization.

If you put all these things together you can obtain similar results as with HTTP Signatures, but in a package that may better match the rest of a typical system.

https://github.com/cyberphone/cbor-everywhere#signed-http-requests

There are probably not many who are prepared scrapping their huge investments in JSON based systems.  JSON also remains the [currently] only viable alternative for browser based applications.

Cheers,
Anders