Re: signatures vs sf-date

--------
Julian Reschke writes:

> > It has never, to my knowledge, been used, much less widely used, in
> > the /envelope/ used to steer that transport (ie: the HTTP-headers).
>
> It has, for instance in Content-Disposition (which, FWIW, has an
> encoding scheme for that that works over ASCII).

You mean RFC5987 ?

If I remember right, '*' was allowed in sf's parameter names /precisely/
to cater for that, and the other side of RFC5987's '=' is a valid sf-token.

So when there already is a perfectly serviceable RFC you can layer on top
of sf, why would sf need to wade into the sump too ?

If you want us to add "For I18N strings, see RFC5987" we can do that of course...

> How many JSON files do you find regularly with broken strings? (Yes,
> when transferred over US-ASCII transport)

Not nearly as many, because I dont receive several hundred JSON files each day :-)