Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-retrofit and signatures

From: Justin Richer <jricher@mit.edu>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2022 12:11:09 +0000
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
CC: "henry.story@bblfish.net" <henry.story@bblfish.net>, HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
From: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2022 1:22 AM
To: Justin Richer <jricher@mit.edu>
Cc: henry.story@bblfish.net <henry.story@bblfish.net>; HTTP Working Group <ietf-http-wg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: draft-ietf-httpbis-retrofit and signatures

> On 22 Nov 2022, at 11:44 am, Justin Richer <jricher@mit.edu> wrote:
>
> We would refer to the retrofit draft non-normatively, or the field in the IANA table that the retrofit draft creates, if those were available at the time of publication.

You can reference it non-normatively and the RFC Editor will update the reference if it's published on a compatible timeline; otherwise I believe you can reference an Internet-Draft non-normatively. You can also take the reference out at the last minute if it's holding things up.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/