Re: Deployment of draft-ietf-httpbis-cice (Client-Initiated Content-Encoding)

From: Wenbo Zhu <wenboz@google.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2022 18:19:59 -0700
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: ietf-http-wg@w3.org
No. The server has rules that decide what MIMI types are compressible. It
is possible for a client to apply C-E against an incompressible mime type
(as decided by the server).
With 415, the server may have to honor the client's decision to indicate AE
for the request, when the server will not compress the response of the same
CT.

Thanks,
Wenbo