Re: A structured format for dates?

--------
iain hill writes:

> Is using a floating point number based upon a chosen format of Julian
> Date (perhaps beginning at the start of UNIX time) really not worthy of
> more consideration here?

Time-nut-PHK would vote for such a proposal, but programmer-PHK would
be firmly set against it.

When it comes to computers and timekeeping, "doing it right" has not
been an option for decades.

Given my painfully extensive experience with my own and other peoples
time-bugs, I am now firmly in the "Call time(2), use that number,
as a number, but dont modify it!" camp.