Re: [Masque] WGLC for draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram

[ HTTP and WebTransport lists to BCC to avoid further cross-posting ]

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reviewing the document, and for spending the time to write
this PR. The editors really appreciate it. You're absolutely right that the
draft was written focusing on HTTP/3 -- that's because we initially started
with only supporting HTTP/3 a few years back, but now that we're defining
something more generic over HTTP, I agree that some editorial changes are
needed. Having looked at your PR, I think it definitely helps -- Lucas and
I will sit down and review it together in detail, I suspect we'll end up
cherry-picking most of it into the document.

To respond to your question about the history of the Capsule Protocol,
there was interest from the MASQUE WG to create this generic messaging
system beyond only sending datagrams over h2 and h1. In particular,
CONNECT-IP relies on it to exchange IP configuration, and WebTransport
relies on it to exchange session close messages.

Since the MASQUE WG has been using GitHub, could we ask you to send your
issues/questions there please?
https://github.com/ietf-wg-masque/draft-ietf-masque-h3-datagram/issues
We're also happy to take feedback on the list but GitHub is preferred.

Thanks!
David