Re: Semantics: clarify handling of invalid or unsatisfiable range requests

> On Mar 2, 2022, at 10:54 PM, Eric J Bowman <mellowmutt@zoho.com> wrote:
>
> Wait, what? I feel like I'm speaking out-of-turn here nowadays. But if, to satisfy some edge cases, PUT would now have the semantics of PATCH then maybe we need a new method, let's call it PLACE, that absolutely reflects the save-file-to-disk user intent, specifically disallowing any sort of range request. Thought this was settled ages ago.

This is just explaining what to do with an invalid or unsatisfiable GET range request
in terms that are less vague. It does not change the protocol at all. It explains
which error codes are preferred, which was already implied by the code semantics.

It does not have anything to do with PUT ranges, which is not defined by this spec.
If you think that needs to be clarified within this change, then why and where would
be a more useful comment.

....Roy