Re: Draft for Resumable Uploads

> On 6 Apr 2022, at 5:22 am, Guoye Zhang <guoye_zhang@apple.com> wrote:
>
> I was exaggerating a bit, but I have no idea how to PATCH a resource after reading RFC5789, it just introduces a general concept and leaves nearly everything open to implementations. That’s why I believe we need further standards for any concrete use.

PATCH intentionally leaves everything up to the media type of the PATCH request, not the implementation. With hindsight, at least one or two well-defined PATCH media types should have been defined at the same time as 5789 - their absence (especially JSON's) created a lot of confusion.

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham   https://www.mnot.net/