Re: I-D Action: draft-ietf-httpbis-priority-07.txt

Hi Lucas,

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021 at 10:47:58PM +0100, Lucas Pardue wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> Thanks for the rich feedback on the draft during the WGLC. We've just cut
> the 07 draft ahead of the IETF 112 deadline. This incorporates editorial
> changes to address the WGLC comments.
>
> As Tommy mentioned when concluding the WGLC, a few of the issues that got
> opened resulted in proposed changes that touch on normative parts of the
> specification. We believe these to be minor changes, but wanted to make
> people aware of them before we merge into what will become the 08 draft.
> The following issues will be resolved by their proposals unless we hear
> some pushback, we plan to do that on Monday 08 November.
(...)

I think I forgot to send my feedback when I read draft-7 a week or two
ago, but overall I find that it's a pretty good document that leaves
enough room for implementations to do their best, and properly addresses
both the needs of hop-to-hop and end-to-end at the same time.

I've reviewed the PRs and agree with the proposals. I hope we'll be able
to implement this in haproxy for the next version, as I really see this as
a solid improvement over the original scheme that we never implemented :-)

Cheers,
Willy