Re: Advertising WebSocket support in the HTTPS resource record

> Am 20.10.2021 um 23:19 schrieb Lucas Pardue <lucaspardue.24.7@gmail.com>:
>
> That's the exact case I'm thinking about. There might be little value trying to backport connect-udp to H2 for some kinds of services, it might be better to fallback to plain old CONNECT. Meanwhile, someone might have websocket support left as a TODO for HTTP/3. Requiring feature parity across all versions just increases the bar to experimentation or deploying new versions of things.

+1

Some servers are also configurable in their protocol implementations. H1, H2 and H3 implementations may not be aware of each others capabilities. Or a particular implementation's feature is flawed and disabled until patched. It would be good to allow other H* implementations to still be available as fallback.

Stefan