Re: Advertising WebSocket support in the HTTPS resource record

Thanks for this draft, Dragana!

As a matter of IETF procedure, I think it's best to avoid specifying a
number for the SvcParam in your draft at least until it is adopted by a
working group.  (Right now we are in a slightly awkward position, as the
SvcParam registry will be First-Come-First-Served, but it does not yet
exist.)  Your chosen value, for example, happens to collide with
draft-ietf-dnsop-svcb-dns.

On the technical side, I wonder if you've looked at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-vvv-httpbis-alps?  That
proposal would provide the SETTINGS frame earlier in the handshake,
achieving the same goal of avoiding this delay.  Compared to delivery over
DNS, it has some important benefits.  For example, it reduces the amount of
information that needs to be synchronized between HTTP servers and their
DNS zones, and encompasses any future HTTP SETTINGS as well.