Re: Significant milestone on HAProxy's H3/QUIC

Hey Willy,

Congrats to you and the team.

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 4:30 PM Willy Tarreau <w@1wt.eu> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm really glad to say that my coworkers Fred and Amaury are seeing
> their long tireless work on H3+QUIC start to pay off. Today I was
> pleased to see an H3 request from curl pass through HAProxy, being
> forwarded to Apache in H2, and the H2 response being routed and
> translated back to H3 so that curl could print it.
>
> They would have preferred that I remain discrete about it given the
> extremely fragile state of the current code, but I'm really glad as
> the project's maintainer and I'm also glad from an interoperability
> perspective, because the more implementations we see, the faster we'll
> spot and fix bugs, so I was not going to keep that for me :-)

In case you missed it, the QUIC interop runner (https://interop.seemann.io/)
supports
automated interop of lots of clients and servers. If you're familiar with
Docker, it isn't
too much work to set up an image for your implementation that can be used
to test
locally or get added to the interop runner itself. Instructions are here
[1]. You can tailor
test cases towards the bits you actively support and develop.

Cheers
Lucas

P.S. and as always hat-tip to Marten et al who help keep the interop
runner... running

[1] -
https://github.com/marten-seemann/quic-interop-runner/blob/master/README.md#building-a-quic-endpoint